February 29 and March 1 2008
Norfolk United Church
75 Norfolk St.
The Beyond Factory Farming Coalition’s 2008 Safe Food, Healthy Communities Conference seeks to deepen understanding of livestock issues in Canada, identify and examine keystone issues in Ontario and Canada, sketch out a road map for transition to socially responsible livestock production, reach new audiences and develop new networks amongst groups involved in the sustainable food movement
*Andrew Nikiforuk, award-winning journalist and author of Pandemonium: Bird Flu Mad Cow Disease and other Biological Plagues of 21st Century
Friday February 29
7 – 9 PM
Norfolk United Church, Guelph
Open to the public, free of charge.
* Maxime LaPlante-Union Paysanne
* Fred Tait-National Farmers Union
* Mari Veliz-Ausable Bayfield Conservation Authority
* Dr. Ann Clark-Guelph University
* Dr. Jennifer Sumner-University of Toronto
* Ted Zettel-Organic Meadow
* Dr. Art Wiebe, MD-Canadian Association of Physicians for the Environment
* Peter Katona-Foodlink
For more information, including registration details, please visit the conference website.