- About Us
- Start up Farms
- Our Farms
- Seed Capital
- Tool Shed Blog
Skills Building Farm Tours
- Learn first hand from farmers who have been there, and have years of experience.
- Meet other new farmers – you will learn from each other.
- Get lots of great ideas for how to design your farm.
- Learn what makes a farm successful, and what costly mistakes you should avoid.
- Informal atmosphere creates plenty of opportunity to ask questions.
- The focus topic allows you to concentrate on one important aspect of farming.
- Fall Season Extension, Drumlin Farm. Saturday, October 25, 1-4pm
Topic: Fall Season Extension
Host: Drumlin Farm
Description: In 2013 we visited Drumlin Farm, and were so impressed by all the different growing techniques they are trying, and the new movable greenhouses they had just installed, we thought we have to go back! Drumlin Farm runs a market garden featuring many heirloom varieties of vegetables, and micro greens which they sell through a CSA program, and at local markets. They also raise Chantecler chickens, for their beautiful eggs, and meat.
When: Saturday, October 25, 2014, 1-4pm
Where: Drumlin Farm, 4565 Watson Road South, RR1 Puslinch. View Map
Cost per Tour: $40 (includes HST) per person or $68 (includes HST) for two.
Registration: click here
What to expect?
- You are encouraged to participate by introducing yourself, asking questions, and sharing your experiences.
- Come prepared to take lots of pictures, and notes. Tours are not workshops, and do not usually include handouts or other take home materials.
- Expect that you will be outside for the duration of tour. Wear appropriate clothing, sunscreen, hats, and water etc.
- Expect to be on your feet, and walking around for most of the tour.
- No food or drink will be provided. There will be a bathroom, usually in the host’s home.
- Check and double-check your directions. Rural addresses can be trickier to find than urban ones.
- Every farm tour, like every farm is unique. Every tour group is at a different level. Ask for clarification if you need it!
- A family rate is for up to two adults and two children under 13 years of age.