- About Us
- Start up Farms
- Our Farms
- Seed Capital
- Tool Shed Blog
Skills Building Farm Tours
- Learn first hand from farmers who have been there, and have years of experience.
- Meet other new farmers – you will learn from each other.
- Get lots of great ideas for how to design your farm.
- Learn what makes a farm successful, and what costly mistakes you should avoid.
- Informal atmosphere creates plenty of opportunity to ask questions.
- The focus topic allows you to concentrate on one important aspect of farming.
2015 Tours *
Check back in the new year for the 2015 line up of tours! *
What to expect?
- You are encouraged to participate by introducing yourself, asking questions, and sharing your experiences.
- Come prepared to take lots of pictures, and notes. Tours are not workshops, and do not usually include handouts or other take home materials.
- Expect that you will be outside for the duration of tour. Wear appropriate clothing, sunscreen, hats, and water etc.
- Expect to be on your feet, and walking around for most of the tour.
- No food or drink will be provided. There will be a bathroom, usually in the host’s home.
- Check and double-check your directions. Rural addresses can be trickier to find than urban ones.
- Every farm tour, like every farm is unique. Every tour group is at a different level. Ask for clarification if you need it!
- A family rate is for up to two adults and two children under 13 years of age.