Guelph Organic Conference
January 27-30, 2011
Highlights of the Upcoming Guelph Organic Conference for New Producers and/or Prospective Farmers
Please visit the conference website for the full program and registration details. Lots of great learning opportunities for beginning farmers!
1) Canadian Organic Growers offers Crop Planning Thursday Jan 27 9 am-3 pm $60 **highly recommended for all new market gardeners/CSA farmers**
2) Making Healthy Compost Thursday Jan 27 6 pm-9 pm $60/$20 for students
3) Equipment for Organics Friday Jan 28 9 am-noon $30
4) PLUS 15 Saturday Workshops to choose from $35/$15 for students (visit us for an Overview of FarmStart’s Programs Saturday 11 am-noon, plus a FarmLINK meet n’ greet over lunch – this may be your opportunity to find the land to launch your farm business or the new organic farmer to breathe new life into your land!)
5) AND 8 Sunday Workshops to choose from $20/$10 for students
Also, the Ecological Farmers of Ontario are offering the following special courses Thursday Jan 27 and Friday Jan 28, at the OMAFRA Building, 1 Stone Rd. Course fees are $70/day – EFO members receive $20/day discount:
1) Intro to Ecological Agriculture 2 days Jan 27 and 28 9 am-4 pm
2) Composting Jan 27 9 am-4 pm
3) Field Crop Rotation and Weed Management Jan 27 9 am-4 pm
4) Market Garden Crop Rotation Jan 28 9 am-4 pm
5) Interpreting Soil Tests for Organic Farmers Jan 28 9 am-4 pm Please note that workshop registration and parking for these programs is separate from the general Guelph Organic Conference registration process. Please contact the EFO for details.
We look forward to seeing you at the conference!
Please visit www.FarmStart.ca for more information about our programs.