THE LATEST FROM FOODSTOCK:
- More than 80 renowned chefs – including Jamie Kennedy of Jamie Kennedy Kitchens, Rocco Agostina of Enoteca Sociale, Anne Yarymowich of FRANK and more – are now on board
- Musical acts to include Jim Cuddy, Sarah Harmer, Hayden and Cuff the Duke. More are being added every day
WHAT IS FOODSTOCK:
Foodstock is a pay-as-much-as-you-can event in solidarity with the movement to Stop the Mega Quarry. More than 80 celebrated chefs will each create an original dish using the harvest bounty of Melancthon Township, ground zero for the proposed quarry.
WHO IS FOODSTOCK:
Internationally acclaimed chef Michael Stadtländer planted the first seeds for Foodstock. He’ll be joined by 80+ culinary masters from across the country, as well as some of Canada’s best-loved musicians, visual artists and speakers. Thousands of Ontarians are expected onsite to indulge in a harvest feast of epic proportions.
JUST A FEW OF FOODSTOCK’S CONFIRMED CHEFS:
- Aaron Bear Robe, Keriwa Cafe
- Adam Colquhoun, Oyster Boy
- Anthony Rose, The Drake Hotel
- Anthony Walsh, Canoe
- Brad Long, Cafe Belong
- Chris McDonald, Cava
- Fabio Bondi, Local Kitchen & Wine Bar
- Hiro Yoshida, Hiro Sushi
- Kevin McKenna, Globe Bistro
- Michael + Nobuyo Stadtländer, Eigensinn Farm
- Ryan Donovan, Marben Restaurant
- Stephen Alexander, Cumbrae’s
- Victor Barry, Splendido Restaurant
- Zane Caplansky, Caplansky’s Delicatessen
All funds raised will go to fighting the mega quarry application that has been put forward by the Highland Companies to create a limestone quarry over 2,300 acres in size on prime, fertile agricultural land and digging into pristine aquifers. Each chef will prepare one item, celebrating the local bounty and encouraging Ontarian’s to stand up and have their voice heard by the government.
Everyone is welcome. Please dress accordingly–this is an outdoor event in a field. We also encourage you to bring your own plates and cutlery to cut down on waste and clean up.
Please share widely our goal is to have thousands of people attend.
Register yourself and your guests by clicking here.
Download our poster. Print it, post it, email it. Click here.
Volunteer on the day of the event, please click here
Sponsorship opportunities, please consult our sponsorship package by clicking here.
Transportation is also available: