ACCOLADES, PRESS, AND ACHIEVEMENTS
Please see our fun, informative videos:
Dozens of articles have been written about FarmStart and our farmers since 2009 in many diverse publications.
Please go to www.farmstart.ca/about-us/farmstart-in-the-news. Here are just a few:
- “Program Helps Budding Farmers”, University of Guelph on-line news, June 21, 2012
- “From dream to reality”, Hamilton Spectator, June 12, 2012
- “With agriculture at a crossroads, young farmers face obstacles getting started”, Huffington Post, March 2, 2012
- “Wannabe farmers see dollar signs in the dirt”, Globe and Mail, July 12, 2011
- “Making it: Organic farming a natural choice for young entrepreneurs”, Toronto Star, March 10, 2011
We have published several reports about farming in Ontario, made possible through the Metcalf and Trillium Foundations and available for viewing at http://www.farmstart.ca/publications.
FarmStart was selected for the Tides Canada Top 10 for 2011 in recognition of our innovative programming (not a financial award)
We look forward to hearing from you and to sharing more information than is contained in this brief introduction. Please join us in building a sustainable, local, healthy food system.
519-836-7046, ext. 101