- About Us
- Tool Shed Blog
NEW ENTRANT FARM VIABILITY PILOT PROJECT COORDINATOR
Position Type: Part-time contract (could be contract employee or self-employed consultant), up to 3 days/week May 2015 through March 2016.
Location: Guelph, ON with possible option to work remotely.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Approx. $18.50-$25/hr (total contract up to $25,000).
FarmStart’s Farm Viability Training Program addresses entry level planning and training needs and builds the business planning skills of new farmers.
The Project Coordinator will:
- Coordinate 2015 offerings of our Digging into Farming
- Coordinate the development of a structured and progressive set of webinars and workshops that engage new farmers to develop realistic and dynamic business plans and integrate effective business management practices and tools. The Coordinator will work will experienced farmers and professionals to develop and deliver training curriculum on topics such as: Record Keeping; Personal & Enterprise Budgeting; Planning for Profit; Fearless Whole-Farm Finances; Equity, Financing, and Land.
- Curate and manage content for FarmStart’s Tool Shed (blog highlighting the best tools and techniques of a new generation of farmers and associated store).
We are looking for someone with the following knowledge/experience:
- At least 2 years project/program coordination experience
- Education/training delivery experience
- Ecological agriculture experience
- Familiarity with broader farm community in Ontario
- Experience with farmer-to-farmer education and engaged pedagogy.
- Knowledge of and contacts within the organic and broader farm communities.
- Experience working or volunteering with non-profit organizations.
- Education/training delivery experience as asset
- Strong project management and organization skills.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office, internet applications, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and with team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Relationship-building skills – both initiating new relationships and supporting established relationships.
- Ability to see tasks through.
- Ability to prioritize, set goals, handle multiple tasks.
- Comfortable working with farmer trainers and mentors.
- Experience with accountability and evaluation procedures.
- Strategic thinking and planning.
How to Apply: Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm on Thursday, April 30th.