REGISTER NOW at http://bringfoodhome.com/ for the “can’t miss” food conference of the year. Bring Food Home offers great opportunities for learning and networking for those engaged in building a more just and sustainable food system for Ontario.
And the first day of the conference includes a bunch of awesome
Farmer-to-Farmer Training workshops geared towards new and experienced farmers of all sorts! Workshops are organized into 3 streams:
1. CSA Mini School: Learn how 4 successful but very different CSAs operate!
2. Intro to Urban Agriculture
3. Season Extension with Michael Kilpatrick from Kilpatrick Family Farm will talk about how they grow in greenhouses over winter!
4. Crop Planning for Vegetable Growers: Back by popular demand, this workshop is lead by Frederic Theriault from Ferme Cooperative Tourne Sol
5. The Ins and Outs of Successful Grazing
6. Choosing the Right Livestock for Your Mixed Farm with Fran McQuail from Meeting Place Organic Farm
Field Crop Production
Join us for two panel discussions bringing together successful farmers, distributors and retailers from across the province!
7. Growing Quality Organic Field Crops
8. Buying and Selling Organic Field Crops
For more information and to learn about all the other exciting workshops being offered visit http://bringfoodhome.com/